That’s right ladies! Snail Slime is all the rage now, so before you get grossed out – Here are 5 interesting facts that will make you think again about using snail slime as part of your daily beauty regime!
- Snail Slime (or snail filtrate) is filled with some amazing nutrients that are also found in many beauty products such as Hyaluronic Acid and Glycolic acid (which are known beauty enhancers).
- Snails produce snail slime to help protect their skin from damage, infection, dryness and UV rays.
- Snail slime is best known for its anti-ageing properties. It stimulates the formation of collagen and elastin keeping the skin looking young and vibrant. It also helps to prevent wrinkles and stretch marks, acne and even scars!
- Snails were first prescribed in ancient Greece as a topical treatment to reduce inflammation. Then in the mid 1990’s, further studies found that snail secretion could be beneficial in many cosmetic products and procedures which has continued to grow and become more popular throughout the market.
- Snail slime is not actually as ‘oozy’ and ‘gooey’ as you would probably think! Most of them have a neutral look and smell to them.
Take a look at our Snail Slime products we have:
Snail Snail Serum
Serums are essential in a daily skin care routine. They contain fewer lubricating and thickening agents, like nut or seed oils, which can sometimes leave the skin feeling clogged up and greasy. Facial serums spread a long way; one pump is enough to nourish the whole face. Facial Serums are made of very small molecules, therefore the skin absorbs them much faster and deeper than ordinary moisturiser. Active ingredients in serums penetrate the skin faster and more effectively.
Snail Slime Facial Mask
Facial Masks are important in any skin care regime to keep the skin moisturised and blemish free. Facial masks blanket the skin, helping the active ingredients penetrate. They help draw out impurities from the skin and eliminate dead cells.
Snail Slime Cleansing Cream
Many benefits come from using a cleanser. A deep cleanse is needed to clean out pores and any leftover residue which is still on the skin and shrinks facial pores, enabling less dirt and bacteria to enter the pores, in result – preventing breakouts on the skin.
Have you changed your mind yet on Snail Slime? We certainly have!
Comment your opinions below!